We require COMPASS e-Write as part of placement into English.  You can see our placement levels, both in mathematics & English on this web site:

http://matcmadison.edu/matc/getstarted/assessment/

Judy

Judy Jones
Student Success and Preparedness Project Coordinator
Room 159R
http://matcmadison.edu/faculty/jjones
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science

Madison Area Technical College
3550 Anderson Street
Madison, WI  53704
(608) 246-6258                Fax: (608) 246-6422
alternate email  [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/26/06 12:22 PM >>>
We use COMPASS and I do have a hard time with placement into any of our
college prep English courses from the writing test.  We are going to
start requiring a writing sample for anyone who places below English
Comp I in order to place them more appropriately.   Hopefully that will
help.