From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 11:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Movies

Hi Autumn,

Although it has to do with kids, the movie " Akilla and the bee" was
great
and meets all of your criteria.

Roberta Schotka
NADE'08 conference co-chair
Head, Peer Tutoring
Northeastern University Libraries, 242 SL
(617) 373-2150 voice
(617) 373-2529 fax

             "Grant-Kimball,

             Autumn"

             <akimball@STONEHI
             LL.EDU>                   [log in to unmask]

             Sent by: Open
cc
             Forum for

             Learning
Subject
             Assistance                Movies

             Professionals

             UFL.EDU>

             10/30/2006 11:17

             AM

             Please respond to

              Open Forum for

                 Learning

                Assistance

               Professionals

                 UFL.EDU>

Greetings,

I currently teach what is called a learning theories lab which is
attached
to one of our first year writing classes.  I cover the standard topics
like
notes, reading skills, time management etc.  Towards the end of the
semester I show the movie "Finding Forester" and have the students write
their final paper on reflections about themselves and the movie.  I'm
trying to find another movie that might have similiar themes (mentoring
relationships, embracing and/or developing a gift, peer pressure) to
show
instead of or in addition to.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Autumn Grant
Director of the Center for Academic Achievement
Stonehill College
Easton, MA 02357
508-565-1033

browser to