-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Billie Jones
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 6:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Uses for computers in tutoring sessions

Our Learning Center, which offers tutoring in math, writing, history,
psychology, sociology, and a variety of the sciences, is looking for
additional ways for tutors to integrate computers into their
face-to-face tutoring sessions.  Obviously, we want to do so in
pedagogically sound ways, rather than simply throwing technology into
sessions.  While we've talked about using the word-processing functions
when working with papers and using/demonstrating use of the Web for
research, we're looking for more.  While we're primarily interested in
"free sites," we''d also appreciate software recommendations.

Thanks in advance,
Billie Jones
Assistant Director for Writing Support
Shippensburg University Learning Center