(717) 477-1395

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dan Kern
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Study--> The College Ladder: Linking Secondary and
Postsecondary Education for Success for All Students

*         High school students who participate in "dual enrollment"
programs
in which they take some college courses while still in high school have
higher college completion rates than do other students, according to a
new
study
<http://www.aypf.org/publications/The%20College%20Ladder/TheCollegeLadde
rlin
kingsecondaryandpostsecondaryeducation.pdf>  by the American Youth
Policy
Forum.

Web link to "a new study" link for the 176 pages of pdf: The College
Ladder:
Linking Secondary and Postsecondary Education for Success for All
Students

http://www.aypf.org/publications/The%20College%20Ladder/TheCollegeLadder
link
ingsecondaryandpostsecondaryeducation.pdf

Blurb source:  http://insidehighered.com/news/2006/10/31/qt

browser to