At Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, KS, we have
mandatory assessment and placement for reading, writing, and math. We
use COMPASS and also ESL COMPASS for non-native speakers. In our reading
classes we follow up with pre and post testing with the Nelson-Denny.

We do not require a certain score for core curriculum courses, but this
summer we added three levels of "advisories" for 46 of the beginning
core courses. We call them "Am I Ready?" Skill Levels. These are found
on-line so students, parents, and counselors can recommend courses that
fit the skill levels of students. Visit our web site at www.jccc.net We
give three levels for reading, writing, math, science, and computers--1
is the easiest and 3 is considered "college level."

Our COMPASS cut-off scores are currently being re-evaluated. We offer 3
levels of reading classes and 3 levels of ESL-Reading and Writing taught
in linked Learning Communities (3 credit hours + 3 credit hours.)

Wishing you the best,
Roz Bethke

Roslyn Bethke
Professor of Reading/AAC
Johnson County Community College
12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210
913-469-8500 x 3792

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.