Northwest Arkansas Community College (2-year) pays one dollar more to
work-study tutors, as compared to regular work-study rate.    --John
Burden, Learning Lab Director

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kate Jakobson
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 8:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutor Wage Premium

Hi All:

I am being asked to justify the $1/hour premium over regular work-study
wages that I pay our peer tutors (i.e. regular work-study students are
paid MI minimum wage of $6.95/hour, I am trying to continue to pay my
beginning work-study tutors $7.95/hour).  While they seem to understand
the reasons why (increased responsibilities, etc.), our administrative
team would like
to see some actual data.

Is anyone else paying their peer tutors a higher hourly wage than
regular work-study workers, and if so, could you identify your
institution as 2 or 4
year?   Actual wage information is probably not necessary as it's so
dependent on location and institution, but any other information you'd
like to include would be wonderful.

As always, thank you all!

Kate

Kate Jakobson, Director