-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kate Jakobson
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 9:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutor Wage Premium

Hi All:

I am being asked to justify the $1/hour premium over regular work-study
wages that I pay our peer tutors (i.e. regular work-study students are
paid
MI minimum wage of $6.95/hour, I am trying to continue to pay my
beginning
work-study tutors $7.95/hour).  While they seem to understand the
reasons
why (increased responsibilities, etc.), our administrative team would
like
to see some actual data.

Is anyone else paying their peer tutors a higher hourly wage than
regular
work-study workers, and if so, could you identify your institution as 2
or 4
year?   Actual wage information is probably not necessary as it's so
dependent on location and institution, but any other information you'd
like
to include would be wonderful.

As always, thank you all!

Kate