We are a 4 year private institution.  Currently all students employeed in the
division of Arts & Sciences, regardless of their position, are paid $8.25/hr
to start.  Students are eligible for $.25 increases in the fall and winter
terms.  Our graduate students are paid $10.25.

My great concern, that hopefully some of you can assist me in, is in regard
to "professional tutors".  Our university pays these individuals between $12
- $15 per hour based upon years of experience tutoring/teaching and degree -
bachelors vs masters. It is most difficult to find professional tutors to
work at our Off as well as our On -campus sites for this hourly wage.  Most
of these individuals are asked to work approximately 8 hours or less per
week.  Could some of you please share what your hourly pay for professional
tutors is and how you think I can go about requesting more substantial pay.

Thanks so much.
Gail

Gail Levine
Coordinator of On-Campus Tutoring
Academic Services
Nova Southeastern University
Farquhar College of Arts & Science
3301 College Ave, Parker Building
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33314-7795
954-262-8354  or   800-338-4723, ext 8354