From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gamache, Suzanne
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Learning Fair

Our Centers for Learning just hosted an open house and we had students do a scavenger hunt/raffle.
In order to get the answers to particular questions they had to visit our computer labs, the Honors Program Office, the Advising Center, and the Tutoring Center.  At the end of the day we raffled off bookstore gift certificates, food cards, thumb drives.

Doing that type of scavenger hunt made students walk into the various offices and centers and speak to our staff.  They couldn't just grab a free bagel and head out if they wanted to be entered into the raffle.
Good luck with your event.
Suzanne Gamache

Learn as if you will live forever.
Live as if you will die tomorrow.
                  Gandhi

Suzanne Gamache
Coordinator of Tutoring Services
Centers for Learning & Academic Support Services
UMass Lowell, Southwick 321
1 University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854
Phone:  (978) 934-2947