Fall 2006 StudentAffairs.com Online Workshops

The registration deadline for the final group of Fall
2006 StudentAffairs.com online workshops for student
affairs administrators is fast approaching
(http://www.studentaffairs.com/onlinecourses/). The
remaining courses are:

5. Planning Your Financial Future (October 23rd)

 6. Basic Supervision: Beginning the Dance  (October
23rd)

 7. New Professional Basics (December 4th)

8. Understanding and Working with our Millennial
College Students (October 16th)

9. Understanding Asian American Student Identity
Development (October 25th)

Please share this information with your staff.  For
more information contact Stuart Brown at

2006 College Cartoonist Contest

StudentAffairs.com is pleased to announce its third
annual competition for college and graduate student
cartoonists. Winning entries will be featured on the
StudentAffairs.com website. Students need to submit
two cartoons on the theme of "Campus Life and
Technology" by Wednesday, November 15, 2006.

Monetary prizes will be awarded to the top three
entries as follows:

1st Place:  $400.00
2nd Place: $250.00
3rd Place:  $100.00

Eligibility Requirements:
Students must be registered for at least six credits
at an accredited institution of higher education in an
undergraduate or graduate program for Fall 2006. Proof
of registration may be required.

For complete information, including submission
guidelines, go to:
http://www.studentaffairs.com/comedy/contest.html

Please spread the word on your campus and to your
campus publications.

6th Annual Virtual Case Study Competition

We are now accepting registrations for our 6th Annual
Virtual Case Study Competition for Masters level
students in student personnel administration, higher
education, or counseling programs
(http://www.StudentAffairs.com/vcs).  Information on
registering teams, rules and prizes is available at
the Virtual Case Study website. In recognition of the
10th anniversary of StudentAffairs.com, prizes will be
awarded to the top five teams in the Virtual Case
Study Competition.  The registration deadline is
Monday, January 29, 2007.  The competition will take
place from February 4 - 18, 2007. There is no limit on
the number of teams per graduate program that can
enter. We have also expanded the competition time
period. A write-up of our winners along with links to
each team project will be published in our Spring 2007
e-journal (http://studentaffairs.com/ejournal/),
“Student Affairs Online.”

Last year over 50 teams entered our competition.  The
winning teams were:
1st Place:   Indiana University
2nd Place:   Florida International University
3rd Place: University of Central Arkansas

Case study competitions have traditionally been
sponsored at national conferences. Participation has
been restricted to individuals attending these annual
gatherings. The StudentAffairs.com Virtual Case Study
Competition allows graduate students located anywhere
in cyberspace to take part in this exciting event.

If you have any questions, please contact Stuart Brown
at [log in to unmask]

StudentAffairs.com New Professional Blog

During the spring and summer 2006 job hunting season
StudentAffairs.com asked two graduate students to
share their experiences in a weekly blog. Well, they
have graduated and have found positions in the field.
You can read about their new experiences, their highs
and lows, in “The Student Affairs New Professional”
(http://studentaffairscom2.blogspot.com/"). Browsers
can also leave comments after each posting.