From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of Wallace, Stephen
Sent: Mon 10/16/2006 4:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Student Development Reader

We offer a first year seminar for underprepared students who do not meet
the university's admission requirements but have successfully completed
a Summer Bridge Program.  The course focuses more on student development
than study skills and uses On Course by Skip Downing.  Can anyone
recommend a good companion reader that helps students develop critical
thinking skills while practicing their reading skills?

Stephen O. Wallace, Ph.D.

Coordinator Developmental Education and Advising Development

Shippensburg University

114 Horton Hall

(717) 477-1395