Hello,
At our community college we don't have a Developmental Education Department.  Our developmental reading and writing fall within the English department and our developmental math couse falls within the math department.  Our courses are:
ENGLISH

ENG 040 Reading and Study Skills

This individualized class provides each student an opportunity to improve reading comprehension and vocabulary skills as well as other reading and study skills such as note-taking, test-taking, and reading textbooks. The course is graded on a satisfactory/unsatisfactory basis and may be repeated once for credit.

ENG 090 Basic Writing

This course focuses on the development of basic writing skills including grammar, punctuation, usage, sentence structure, and paragraph structure through a variety of exercises and writing tasks.

ENG 091 Developmental Writing

This course is designed to assist students in learning to compose basic essays. Emphasis is placed on grammar, punctuation, sentence clarity, paragraph development and correct usage, and thesis development.

ENG 100 Advanced Reading Skills

This course is designed to increase the various reading and study skills demanded by college classes. In the individualized lab setting, the student may choose a one-hour module in vocabulary, study skills, or speed and comprehension. Each module is one semester hour credit. Each module may be taken separately or in any combination. No module may be repeated for credit.

MAT 015 Beginning Algebra This course in algebra is used to prepare the student for the further study in mathematics. The course develops the meaning of algebraic concepts and processes with emphasis on fundamental principles. Areas included are: formulas, positive and negative numbers, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of algebraic expressions, solution of equations, factoring, fractions, ratios and proportions, variations, and quadratic equations. Prerequisite: Testing Criteria

MAT 040 Introductory Geometry  Introductory Geometry uses an informal but comprehensive approach to the study of geometric processes and is appropriate for the student with limited background in formal mathematics. This course includes: material on sets, the study of measurement of length and angles, simple closed curves, circles, mathematical construction, congruent sets of points, areas of plane regions, errors in measurement, similar figures, and graphs of points in a plane. Prerequisite: H.S. Algebra I or MAT 015 with grades of "C" or better.

MAT 060 Intermediate Algebra  Intermediate Algebra is a course including the following areas of study: sets and symbols and properties of real numbers, operations with polynomials, fractions, exponents, roots, radicals, first and second degree equations, inequalities, and systems of equations and inequalities. Prerequisite: H.S. Algebra I & Geometry or MAT 015 and MAT 040 with grades of "C" or better and Testing Criteria. 241

We are currently using our Title III grant to coordinate services for our students in an Academic Success Center and are re-designing our developmental and gateway courses.

Jennifer Briney

Spoon River College

Canton, Illinois