Folks,

I have been having trouble getting this post out, and apologize for a hybrid of this that sort of went through.  We're working on getting it fixed.  Please help me on my request below:

Our college has added a weekly supplemental learning assistance hour to some of our English and reading courses.  These hours do not count for credit, but the college gets apportionment.  Our Learning Center has supplemental books and software available for students to do their additional hour and we have a log-in system to keep track of the hours.  There has been discussion about what types of things are appropriate for students to do to satisfy this "hour-by-arrangement."  If any of you have anything similar to this, I would appreciate hearing:

1) What can students do to satisfy this weekly hour?

2) What type of materials / software are available?

3)  How is it monitored?

4) Can any of the supplemental learning be done outside of a lab?

You can either reply to the list, or contact me off-list at [log in to unmask]  Thanks for your help.

Note:  my email address has changed to: [log in to unmask]

Rita Sabbadini, Program Supervisor
Caņada College Learning Center
4200 Farm Hill Blvd. 5-105
Redwood City, CA 94061