Interesting, yesterday must have been (serendipitously)
business/social networking day at IBM.

For I spent the afternoon at IBM's CASCON Toronto conference participating
in a session on Social Computing which attempted (but didn't get far) at
addressing whether "social computing .. is a viable business tool."
 Barry Wellman

  Barry Wellman   S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology   NetLab Director
        for fun: http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, SOCNET automatic digest system wrote:
> Dan Novak - Alliance Executive, IBM Healthcare and Life Sciences
> 6821 Sawgrass, Fort Worth TX  76132     817-870-3956
>
> Re:
> Date:    Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:11:31 -0500
> From:    Dan Novak <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Corporate America embraces social networking
>
> http://www.insidebayarea.com/business/ci_4499833
>
> Per the SOCNET discussion a few weeks ago, this article attemps to compare
> MySpace with business applications

-30-