Shawn,

In addition to Petr's posting, Martin Van der Gaag and Tom Snijders did a
shorter paper comparing position, name and resource generators. It is soon
to be published in Nan Lin and Bonnie Erickson's "Social Capital: Advances
in Research". The manuscript is available at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~gaag/work/PG.html

--Todd Malinick
Ph.D. Student
Dept. of Sociology