Hi, Carl,

We have been discussing this on several occasions up to now. We've
been also considering the case of using alternative means of
communicaton - other than mailing lists - like bloggers, wikis etc.
But it seems that no general consensus has emerged up to now. This is
exactly (at least in my eyes) the problem in your suggestion too that
more than one mailing lists are created. What I mean is that if we
were having multiple mailing lists, then people would have to decide
where to subscribe and they were going to do this on the basis of
someone else's decision to set off with particular lists. Under rather
general conditions on real experiments or simulations dealing with
such situations of taking choices, the outcome tends to be one of the
following two. Either everybody subscribes to every list (and then why
should we suppress the single common list?) or people are segregated
among different lists (and then why should we break the common list if
the new ones have smaller or weaker constituences?). On the contrary,
if we were using more flexible means of communication like a blogger
or a wiki, it would be obvious that certain overlapping groupings of
ours might occur (or better said "self-organized") around different
possible labels (like topics, events, activities etc.) which would be
introduced by a general consensus. However, since nobody has yet
offered to construct such a blogger or wiki space for our purposes, I
think that we could continue with this mailing list. (After all, we
would need it even if we were experimenting with other alternatives
because of purposes of coordination etc.)

Regards,

--Moses