My name is George Higgins.  I'm new to social network analysis and the
social network listserv.  I have recently read two articles by Verbrugge
that present an odds ratio and a marginal ratio for homophily.  I want
to perform these tests using some of my own data.  However, I'm unclear
about how the data are structured?  My data are structured in listwise
format.  Should my data be in pairwise format?  I do have the
identification codes of an individual's friends.  Thus, I can
restructure the data into pairwise format.  Any assistance in this area
is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

George

George E. Higgins, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Justice Administration