Dear all,

I am a student at the University of Karlsruhe and recently started working on my diploma thesis which will be about the question whether there is a correlation between organizational efficiency, the organization´s structure and forms of cooperation between different departments of this organization.
I am right now looking for literature on this subject. If any of you could point me to some publications I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much
Simone Broehl

Thank you very much for the answers I already got to my request! I have now found the following publications that might fit the subject of my diploma thesis:

Burt, "Structural Holes - The Social Structure of Competition", 1995
Burt, "Bridge Decay", 2001
Granovetter, "The strength of weak ties", 1973
Granovetter, "Economic Action and Social Structure: The Problem of Embeddedness", 1985
Dalton, "Organization Structure and Performance: A Critical Review", 1980
Uzzi, "Embeddedness and the Economic Performance of Organizations", 2000

I would also be very interested in studies about cooperation between departments of an organization and its correlation to this organization´s (and the departments´) efficiency/performance - and of course how this efficiency could be measured.
So if you did research in this field or know about such studies I would appreciate it very much if you could point me to such publications.

Thank you very much
Simone Broehl

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl