Great article, I agree!

If I had to pick on something, it would be the very last quote:

When did scientists get kicked out of society?? I've never quite
understood claims to either of the extremes: the "mad scientist" extreme
in which scientists rule the world, nor the "isolationist" extreme in
which a scientist has *no* say, that it is left to others to decide what
to do with the creations of scientists. At worst, shouldn't a scientist
have a say in that determination that is *equal* to that of everyone
else? Or rather, that the contribution they make to that determination
is *independent* of their status as a scientist?

But I'm nitpicking, I'm sure...

Cheers,
Andy