Van: Social Networks Discussion Forum namens Srikanth
Verzonden: wo 25-10-2006 5:31
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Measure of network fragmentation

*****  To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org <http://www.insna.org/>   *****

Hello SOCNETters,
I would like to ask you if you could suggest a measure that indicates how
fragmented a network is. A crude measure would perhaps be a count of the
number of components in a network, but I am looking for something that takes
into account both the number of components as well as the size of each
component and compare these numbers with the overall size of the network
(specifically a disconnected network).
Thank you.
Srikanth.