-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jane Hersh
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Organizational Structures

Dear Colleagues:

Like many other community colleges around the country, people holding key
positions at our community college are retiring.  As a result, we are
re-evaluating the organizational reporting structure on our campus with
regard to our Learning Center and TRIO programs.  Your input is requested
regarding your institution's organizational structure.  If possible, please
also attach your organizational chart with your response to the following
questions:

1) Type of institution: community college or university, public or private.

     Public two-year college within the University System of Georgia

2) Total number of students at your institution.

     20,000

3) Under what main functional division does your Learning Center report
(i.e. instruction, student services, library, or other)?

     Academic Services on each campus

4) What is the specific title of your Learning Center head?

     Coordinator, Learning & Tutoring Center
     (one on each campus)

5) To whom does the Learning Center head report?

     Dean, Academic Services (on each campus)
     Each campus dean reports to the VP for Educational Affairs

6) Under what main functional division(s) (i.e. instruction, students
services, library, or other) do your federal TRIO programs report (i.e.
Student Support Services, Educational Talent Search, Veterans Upward Bound)?

     Academic Affairs

7) What are the specific titles of your TRIO project directors?

     TRIO Director (Each TRIO program has a Program Coordinator)

8) To whom do your TRIO project directors report?

     Assistant Vice President for Educational Affairs

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback!

Jane Hersh
Coordinator, Prescott Learning Center
Yavapai College
1100 E. Sheldon Street