Texas State University-San Marcos is preparing a Ph.D. in Developmental
Education. We are conducting a national needs assessment to expand a state
needs assessment we conducted last fall.

This needs assessment is directed to both prospective employers, future
colleagues, as well as potential students of such a program. We hope to
learn from professionals in the field like you what type of program we
should create, what the content should entail, and the feasibility of
delivering a research rigorous Ph.D. while considering the needs of busy
professionals like you.

If you are interested in affecting the direction and focus of such a
program, please complete the needs assessment by clicking on the link below.
If you are unsure whether you should participate, write one of us. Feel free
to share this needs assessment with your colleagues for the broader sample
we get the better. All data will be kept in the strictest confidence and
only reported in aggregate form.

http://www.ci.txstate.edu/DevEdPhD/needs.htm

Thank you in advance,

David C. Caverly, Ph.D. ([log in to unmask])
Professor, Dept. of Curriculum and Instruction

Russ Hodges, Ed.D. ([log in to unmask])
Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Educational and Psychological Services

Emily Miller Payne, Ph.D. ([log in to unmask])
Director, The Education Institute
Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Educational and Psychological Services