Melanie,

You ask an intriguing question.  Maybe the development of a habit is
variable.  Like getting addicted to cigarettes or cocaine, wouldn't
there be a range of responses to the repetition of an act?

Instead of providing a definitive statement about how long it takes to
develop a habit, what if in your time management workshop you provided
some examples of how quickly you and others have developed particular
habits.  Would you want to share some that are good habits and some that
are not quite so good?  Or could you say -- as you did on LRNASST --
"I've heard that it takes 30 days, 10 days, two weeks, or minutes (in
the case of hard drugs) to develop a habit."  And then go on:  "Nobody
can predict exactly when your new behavior will become a positive habit,
but the sooner you start, the earlier that day will come," or some such
thing.

If you're doing a workshop with some kind of return visit, follow-up
meeting, or feedback of information to you, you could give participants
two of your cards, one to keep and one to give/send back to you with the
blanks filled in on the back:  "I wanted to develop the habit of
____________________ and it took me only ______ days to do it!  Thank
you, Melanie, for showing me how!"

:-)
Karen