Hi Holly,
I'm glad you're considering CRLA certification.  It has really helped me to
organize my training program.  One recent resource I purchased and am very
excited about using is Karin Winnard's "The Tutor Revue" which is a
collection of scripts to use for role plays.  It's available from Wizard
Education Products www.wizardeducationproducts.com
"A Selected Bibliography for Tutor Training and Supervision" (Revised 2001)
by Gladys R. Shaw, Editor is available from CRLA.  This has been very
helpful to me in gathering resources to help me develop our tutor training
syllabus and activities.
There are also many on-line resources which may be helpful to you as you
gather ideas.  Here are a few:
http://www.casaaleadership.ca/peerhelping.html
http://www.lahc.edu/tutortraining/tutorclass.html
http://www.smccd.net/accounts/perezf/tap/TutorTutor/welcome.html
http://www.pvc.maricopa.edu/%7Elsche/resources.htm
http://www.arc.sbc.edu/links.html

Good luck and please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Sincerely,
Linda Stedje-Larsen
(CRLA Mid-South Regional Coordinator)
Director, Support Services