I don't think it is the way to go. Do any of you have a poor perception
of the word tutor? I never have, including before I really thought much
about tutoring, but if there is one, in my opinion it would be better to
work at changing the perception of the word tutor. Our present campaign
has developed the slogan: Supercharge Your Synaptic Pathways-Discover
the Tutoring Center. Also, if one's center is appreciated and the tutors
are doing a good job, the students themselves are our best word of mouth
advertising to change any poor perception of what tutoring is all about.
Trying to change the word seems to me an indication that we're ashamed
of what we do and what it's called.

Arleen Janz
Dale Mabry Tutoring Center Supervisor
Hillsborough Community College