Dear Wayne,

Pajek (http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/pajek/default.htm)
calculates the triad census of a (simple) directed network with the
command /Triadic Census/ in the /Info>Network/ submenu. For a
description, see Section 10.3 in the book /Exploratory Social Network
Analysis with Pajek/ (CUP, 2005).
For non-standard triadic structures in more complicated networks, you
can use the general /Fragment>Find/ command in the /Nets/ menu, which is
explained in Section 3.6 of the same book.

Kind regards,

Wouter de Nooy.