Hello everyone,

I am new to social network analysis and UCINET.  I have a quick
question about developing the proper data structure for UCINET.  I have
data that are situated in listwise format (see example below).  That is,
I have the ego and the identification codes of the alters along with the
individual data for each of the egos and the alters.  How can I
transform these data into UCINET format?

ego alter1 alter2 alter3
1     3         4         5
2     1         2         4
3     5         6         7
4     5         1         3

I thank you all in advance for your assistance.

George Higgins

George E. Higgins, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Justice Administration