Comrades,

Requesting your indulgence for slightly off-topic job posting sent in
the spirit of weak ties so feel free to forward.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Ryan

========
Mills College Seeks Assistant Professor of Sociology

The Department of Anthropology and Sociology invites applications for a
tenure-track position in sociology at the assistant professor level
beginning August, 2007. We seek a colleague with the potential to be an
exceptional teacher and mentor, an active intellectual, and a productive
scholar in the liberal arts college context.

The ideal candidate will have a broad and flexible pedagogical
repertoire that complements the departmentís existing strengths and
resonates with other programs at the college. We are particularly
interested in candidates who can teach courses about gender and the
Chicana/o/Latina/o experience in the U.S. and contribute to teaching
required core courses on a rotating basis.

Materials should include a curriculum vitae, three letters of reference,
and a personal/professional statement. We are interested in hearing from
candidates and/or referees about demonstrated or potential excellence in
undergraduate teaching, breadth and flexibility of teaching repertoire
(current and future interests), agenda for scholarship and publication,
interest in working with women undergraduates in a liberal arts
environment that emphasizes close student-faculty interaction, and
experience and capacity to contribute to the diversity of the college.

Mills College faculty teach five semester courses per year and are also
expected to advise majors and non-majors, to supervise undergraduate
research, participate in the general education program of the College,
and engage in college service. Salary and benefits are competitive.

Please submit applications and materials to:

Sociology Search Committee
Mills College
Oakland, CA 94613

Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2006. Located in the
San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a selective liberal arts
college for women with coeducational graduate programs. Persons of color
and those committed to working in a multicultural environment are
encouraged to apply. AA/EOE