<<<-------- Moses Boudourides-------->>>

> I apologize for asking something rather elementary but could you tell
> me how I would obtain the average value and the standard deviation of
> the weights of links in a valued graph using directly ucinet or pajek?
> (By directly, I mean without having to export the values in a
> spreadsheet or a statistical package and do the computation there.)

  Usually the distribution of weights is far from normal -
  the average and st.dev. are not very informative.
  To get in Pajek the distribution (histogram) of weights use
     Info / Network / Line values
  Then you can compute average and st.dev. by hand ;-)

  Vlado
--
Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, PO Box 2964, 1111 Ljubljana, Slovenia