Thank you, SOCNET! I've gotten a number of useful responses and I have solved my problem. I will also add another solution: you can create a text "vna" file for Netdraw then save as a Pajek file.

Fabio Rojas

-----Original Message-----
From: Social Networks Discussion Forum on behalf of Alan Neustadtl
Sent: Thu 11/16/2006 9:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: another pajek question

Rojas:

You can create a partition indicator to differentiate different
classes of actors.  For example, if you has 5 actors you could put the
following information in a text file:

*Vertices 5
1
2
1
1
2

The order of information matters--it much be the same order as the
vertices list of your network.  Save the file using the extension
".clu".

Open your network file and then open this file as a partition.  To
graph your network with this partition data use Draw>Draw-Partition or
CTRL-P.  The men and women will be displayed in different colors.

Best,
Alan