At lunch today, I found a Golden-crowned Kinglet foraging on the trunks of live oak trees with large numbers of Ruby-crowned Kinglets (30+) in Sugar Mill Gardens in Port Orange, Volusia County. There were also one  male and one female Ruby-throated Hummingbirds feeding on the firebush.

On another note, we have had an American Woodcock brought in to our bird hospital, as well as a Common Tern. It is really wonderful to see a Woodcock in the hand! Although we saw large numbers of Common Terns offshore on Nov. 12, this is the first one I have seen from our beaches for quite a few weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center