Hello, All.

Got too busy to post yesterday but wanted to at least
jot down what was happening in the center of the
state. I didn't post the week before because it was
quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet. Most likely due to the cold that
morning.

This week was 20 degrees warmer and there were loads
of birds around. Just not many hitting the nets. Most
of the birds we heard were fly-overs.

However, we did manage a few birds including a seldom
caught species out at Wekiva, the Blue-headed Vireo.
Only the second captured at this particular station.

Other birds banded were Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Hermit
Thrush, Gray Catbird, and a young female Prairie
Warbler. Photos from yesterday can be found here:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/wekivabirdband/2006-11-26.html

Other birds seen/heard were:

American Robin
American Goldfinch
Barred Owl
Red-shouldered Hawk
Black and Turkey Vulture
House Wren
Carolina Wren
Indigo Bunting
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Pileated Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Pine Warbler
Black and White Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Carolina Chickadee

Those last 4 were found in a feeding flock as I left
the park. The Chickadee sounds were really loud and
made me screech to a halt. I was hoping for something
more exotic but it was fun to see and hear a dozen
Chickadees all making different calls and whistles.

Andrew Boyle
Orlando, FL