I have attached a pdf file titled Consumer Guide to Carbon Offsets published
by Clean Air-Cool Planet. It contains detailed information for consumers on
how to judge the value of carbon offsets and renewable energy credits (REC’s)
that are now being sold by many different companies. The report evaluates 30
companies and explains what the evaluations are based on. It does not give a
ranking for each company but lists 8 as approximately equal in being the top tier
companies.
I have been working with one of these top tier companies, Native Energy,
because, after doing a lot of studying about carbon offsets and REC’s and talking
to the CEO of Native Energy and other officers, I believe this company has
done a lot and will continue to do a lot to build more renewable energy projects.
So far they have helped finance 3 anaerobic digesters on family owned dairies
in Pennsylvania and one anaerobic digester of municipal waste in Vermont. The
company in mostly owned by Native American tribes in North and South Dakota
where they are building wind turbines on tribal land. They finance these
projects through selling what they call future REC’s.
 For more information go to www.nativeenergy.com or email me at
[log in to unmask] or call me 727/443-0647. My hope is to get a lot of supporters here in
Florida and get Native Energy to help finance an anaerobic digester in Florida.
Jane Maxwell