Hey everyone,

First off, thank you all very much for the great directions, maps and advice
to Shiloh Marsh Road.  I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.  I don't know if I'm
gonna get my feet wet or not; we'll see how crazy I feel!

I spent a good part of the day at Oakland Nature Preserve, where I found the
previously reported Golden-Crowned Kinglets amongst a flock of (mostly) Pine
Warblers and Ruby-Crowned Kinglets along the red trail around the pine
plantation on the back side of the preserve.  There were other goodies, too.
  I managed to get a rather complete list for the time and season:

Anhinga
Double-Crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Little Blue Heron
Snowy Egret
White Ibis
Glossy Ibis (4, flyover)
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Bald Eagle
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Red-Tailed Hawk
Osprey
Common Moorhen
Purple Gallinule (1)
Bonaparte's Gull (1, I'm almost positive; it was REALLY far out in the lake)
Forster's Tern (10-12)
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
White-Eyed Vireo
Blue-Headed Vireo (1)
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
American Crow (2)
Tree Swallow
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
House Wren
Golden-Crowned Kinglet (at least 2, although I only ever saw 1; at least 2
were calling back and forth)
Ruby-Crowned Kinglet
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Hermit Thrush (1)
American Robin
Gray Catbird
Brown Thrasher
Orange-Crowned Warbler (1)
Yellow-Rumped Warbler
Pine Warbler
Palm Warbler
Yellow-Throated Warbler (2)
Black-and-White Warbler (1)
Common Yellowthroat
Northern Cardinal
Indigo Bunting (heard only)
Painted Bunting (4 at the feeders, 2 males, 2 females)
Red-Winged Blackbird
Boat-Tailed Grackle
House Finch (1, flyover)
American Goldfinch

Species I should have seen or heard but didn't included Yellow-Bellied
Sapsucker, Northern Mockingbird, and Great Egret.

Oakland Nature Preserve is located on the south shore of Lake Apopka (N of
Hwy 50) in the town of Oakland in far western Orange County.

Good birding!

John Thomton
Orlando, Orange Co.