Hi,
   Today was the first of 2 trips to MINWR this weekend for our chapter
here in Daytona Beach. Water levels are high there and we didn't see
the Redheads that had been reported. We did end the day with 75
species, including a female Bufflehead seen on our return to our
starting place at the Port Orange Bridge. For anyone interested, this
spot is on SR 421 approx. 4.5 miles east of I-95. The duck was seen on
the west side of the river actively feeding in the area just south of
the bridge along the east side of Seabird Island MHP.

   I checked with the people at the desk at the Visitor Center and was
told that access to MINWR and Black Point will close at sundown on
Sunday. That's this Sunday, 12/3. This is in preparation for the night
launch of the shuttle on Thursday, 12/7. If the shuttle goes off on
schedule Thursday night, the refuge will reopen on Friday, 12/8 at the
regular time. Sometimes the shuttle really does go off on time. Let's
hope this is one of them.

David Hartgrove
Conservation Chair,
Halifax River Audubon