Stopped by the fishing pier at Ft. Clinch Sunday afternoon late.  As I
walked onto the pier, the purple sandpipers were present on top of the concrete
forms just after the outermost shoreline.  There were people walking the  beach
along the water's edge where it meets the rock jetty who may have caused  them
to pop up.  I was there for a little more than an hour and the  sandpipers
were still present as I left at 5:00 PM.  Missed on the  eiders.

Ed Woodruff
Tallahassee