This afternoon I made a belated and unsuccesful attempt to look for the
creeper reported last week in Fanny Bay Swamp. After giving up I turned
north onto FR 238 and pulled into the pond area immediately north of
the road to Fanny Bay Trail. As soon as I got out of the car two White-
breasted Nuthatches began calling from the pines next to the road.
After allowing me a brief look they flew a short distance along the
southwest corner of the pinewoods on the southwest corner of the pond
then went about their business. Also present was a Red-cockaded
Woodpecker.

Bob Richter
Baker County