Sorry for the late post. Yesterday morning, 12/4, I found two more female Black Scoters. They were in Oak Hill in Mosquito Lagoon. They were seen from the walkway along the water at Seminole Rest Historic Site. This has surely been a week for Scoters in the rivers of this area. I had all three species in the river last week, and more seem to be appearing. Plus, it is so much more convenient that straining to ID a fast-flying flock offshore.

Also, I had a long meeting in of all places, Zellwood, that got out just in time for a quick run by the kingbird roost at sunset. I found 22 Western Kingbirds and 3 Scissor-tailed Flycatchers.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet