Yesterday afternoon, I saw the female Vermilion Flycatcher at
Alligator Lake, Lake City, Columbia county.  (Directions in Pranty)
I did not see the male (that would be "Sparky!").  I walked the
central dike.

Much to some people's dismay, the lake is drying up, but it's
bringing lots of good birds.  Other highlights:  White Pelicans
(c30), Black-crowned Night-Heron, Bald Eagle, Harrier, Ring-billed
Gull.  So many Killdeer, my ears were ringing!

Ducks were tricky to see among the vegetation: Wood, Blue-wing, Green-
wing, Ring-necked, Ruddy, Shoveler, Gadwall.

In Lake City off of Rt 441, the boatramp at Boat Ramp Rd is becoming
more shallow.  Highlights:  Redhead, Snipe, Dowitcher (assume Long-
billed, but quite distant), Dunlin, Least Sandpiper, Sanderling,
Forster's Tern.

The DOT boat ramp, further north on 441 at Clements Rd, has become a
beautiful wet prairie.  Could hold some rails...  Now here's where we
should drag that rope!  If anyone wants to, my boots are ready by the
door!

Dotty Robbins
High Springs