On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Brian Bartholomew wrote:

>> Does anyone have ideas on making them play nice together?
>
> Vista is not going to be able to read any of the Linux filesystem
> formats.  Maybe you can create a new FAT partition that you can read
> and write from both.  Or use a USB drive.

One google search brought up http://www.fs-driver.org/ which claims to be
an ext2fs driver for Windows (well, NT4.0/2000/XP/2003...maybe it
doesn't/won't/can't work with Vista), allowing rw access to ext2
partitions from within Windows.

I don't have any experience with Vista, but have they abandoned NTFS for
something newer?  Ubuntu has no problem mounting XP NTFS partitions.

/dev/hda1 on /media/hda1 type ntfs (rw,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46)

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |