From: Platform Independent Linux List! [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Avi Baumstein
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Dual-DVI video card recommendations?

So I'm upgrading at work, and my new computer has PCI-E, so my old video
card won't work. Anyone have any suggestions for good video cards with
Dual-DVI (and of course, good linux support)? I just need something for
general office type work, so I'm thinking around the $100 range.

Browsing on Newegg, most of the dual-DVI cards I found (at least in the
reasonable price range) are ATI Radeon based, but last time I went
looking, their linux support was crappy to non-existant, and I haven't
seen much recently that indicates thats changed. My old card is an
Nvidia, and has worked well, is Nvidia still a good choice? Any
particular model to look for?

Thanks,

-avi

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email including any attachments, contains
confidential information belonging to the sender. It may also be
privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other
legal rules. This information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of this emailed information is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify us by
reply email of the error and then delete this email immediately.