On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Jon Lewis wrote:

> I once had a much smaller than that reiserfs take a weekend to repair.

reiserfsck --rebuild-tree is evil, and slow.  But if you don't mind your
filesystem being unavailable for days on end while doing a rebuild, or you
don't mind the possibility that you can't do a rebuild and that you'll
have to restore from backup, then maybe reiser 3 is the file system for
you.

> BTW, has anyone else picked up development of reiserfs?

I believe Novell has one or two guys maintaining reiser 3.6.  Hans wasn't
actively supporting it anyway because he was trying to push everyone
towards reiser 4.

BTW, I think namesys is up for sale if you want to get into the file
system business.