Brian Bartholomew <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I will recheck this for 7.10, but 7.04 either didn't have R at all or
> didn't have a recent one.  As Ben said, R is mainstream for Stats folks.

Ubuntu has had R forever, but the version only gets updated with new
releases of Ubuntu.  In the current instance, the freeze for 7.10
(Gutsy) just missed a new (.x) version of R.  That matters to us in
the Statistics Department and for sure to Ben Bolker in Zoology, but I
don't know how much it matters to normal people (no offense Ben).