On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Arthur Sherman wrote:

> Let me clear some points here:
>
> The services my company provides are legit spam-proof etc hosting services.

What is "spam-proof etc hosting"?

> Legally, he has the right to do such mailing in Israel.

Legal just keeps you out of jail.  It doesn't force anyone to accept your
email, and doesn't mean your client won't be hated for what they're about
to do.

> His mailing will be in Israel only, and has working Unsubscribe option - we
> are scrupulous about this part.

How do you guarantee that the email will all stay inside Israel?  The
nature of the internet is that something.com may be anywhere...and even if
you were to limit them to addresses ending in .il, that doesn't mean the
mail will stay inside Israel.

> His DB was legally bought from legit provider, not us also. I checked the DB
> is legit here.

I can legally sell a list of addresses.  That doesn't mean when you start
spamming them, the recipients won't respond appropriately.

> His servers will be neither in our data center, nor in our IP range, as he
> builds his own data center, which will host his servers.

He's going to build a new data center for spamming Israelis?  That seems
unlikely.

> Discussing this in open forum was made in effort to openly discuss the
> business need, and find a solution to make him as least spammer as possible,
> while still allowing him the functonality he seeks.

The best way to avoid looking like a spammer is to not spam.  Anything
less than restricting mailing to COI (confirmed opt-in...which means the
recipients have subscribed, you've sent them each a confirmation message,
and they've each acknowledged that confirmation request), runs the risk of
being seen as spam.

> Don't you deny the business need for big email volumes?

I suggest you watch this video.

http://69box.atlantic.net/daily/scott_richter_on_dailyshow_03302004.wmv

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |