I have been trying to add the upcoming Mandriva Linux Installfest to the website, and it keeps giving me this error message: Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /var/www/www.gatorlug.org/htdocs/modules/filter.module on line 841

HELP!

The event is this Saturday, and I have already added a link to the Gator LUG web site on the Mandriva installfest web listings (see it at): http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Community/Events/Installfest2008#USA

The event will be held at the Main Branch, Alachua County Public Library, 401 E University Ave (on the SE corner of University and SE 3rd St) in Meeting Room "B" which is also known as the Board of Directors' Meeting Room, which has just been completely renovated. We can have light snacks there, so all you good cooks--or anyone with enough money to buy some--can show up a little before noon with lunch and cookies or whatever, and some cold drinks.... It will be open to the public from 10:00 AM until 4:45 PM, with setup at 9:30 AM and tear down before 5:00 PM when they close the doors.

I will have two computers there with CD burners and ISO files for several other distros, two versions of the OPEN CD, and some other files of interest, and I have printed 50 copies of a GETTING STARTED WITH LINUX booklet (stolen from http://www.pixellany.com/lin_start.html ) with added info on Gator LUG.  It's a nice 8-page 5.5" x 8.5" booklet. www.pixellany.com/lin_start.html  for the article itself, but I designed the booklet, and wrote a couple of pages of it.

For a description I was going to write:

Mandriva 2008 Linux Installfest. Bring your laptop or CPU and we can help install this latest version of Linux on it. We will also have several other distros, including one designed to run on older computers, the OPEN CD (Open Source software ported to run on Windows) and some other Linnux programs that we can burn to CD right there. Both wired and wireless internet are available in the room. We'll also have a nice booklet on getting started with linux. Y'all Come!

I saved a map in google, the link to which is as follows: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=401+E+University+Ave,+Gainesville,+FL+32601&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.371289,58.359375&num=10&iwloc=addr&iwstate1=saveplace

If anyone can get this information on to the COMING EVENTS area of our website, I'd sure appreciate it.

I've passed out hundreds of 4" x 6" flyers and brought an 11" x 17" flyer to the library to have it posted there, so I hope we get plenty of people to show up! And we can use help at all hours of the day, especially setup and tear down, so spend what time you can there to help out. That's this coming Saturday, 17 November 2007. And Eldo, if you want to install some copies of Ubuntu, I won't object if you set up over in the bleachers somewhere....    :-)

Thanks to all.

John