Does anyone have experience using a staging server for QA?  Will a some
type of pre production environment that "closely" resembles the production
environment help?

I wish I had staging area, but maybe it really wouldn't help.  Having a
test suite for web applications helps.

Also I wish I had this staging area when trying to reproduce bugs.  I've
experienced the Heisenberg principle, where the act of looking for a bug
somehow influences the system.

Nice post, Shawn.

Zen