On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Michael D. Kutyna wrote:

> Cacti.  Very easy to setup.  It uses MRTG though so any short outages more
> than a few days ago probably won't be noticable to the graphs. Very nice for
> monitoring trends on your machines.

Cacti doesn't use MRTG and really isn't appropriate for monitoring brief
intermittent outages.  Since the default is to poll SNMP counters every 5
minutes, a 30s outage would be indistinguishable from "normal traffic
fluctuations".

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |