Hi,

I have a server with 3GB RAM running
sendmail/dovecot/bind/apache/proftpd/Mailscanner/SpamAssassin/antivirus @
CentOS-4.4.x86, hosting several domains.

There are these lines in /etc/fstab:
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   noexec,nosuid,rw
0 0
none /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming tmpfs defaults 0 0

'df -h' shows that /dev/shm takes 50% of RAM, while there are actually some
Kbytes there:
none                  1.5G   28K  1.5G   1% /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

My questions:
1) how can I make /dev/shm smaller, say 512MB? I believe it will be more
than sufficient for Mailscanner.
2) what else can I make run from /dev/shm to gain performance?

Thanks!

Best,

--
Arthur Sherman