I'm having an issue with loading a proprietary module on a machine in my
research lab.  We have Nallatech FPGA boards which are peripherals that
attach to the PCI bus.  In the perfect world, you just install their
"fuse" rpms (not the same thing as Filesystem in Userspace) and their
"h100" rpms and life is good.  However, using rpmbuild, I patched the
kernel with perfctr, which broke the Nallatech drivers so I had to
re-install the rpms (first using rpm -e, then rpm -ivh).  Unfortunately
on reboot (or modprobe fuse) I receive the following error:

Fatal: Error inserting fuse
(/lib/modules/2.6.9-22.ELsmp/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko) : Invalid module
format.

if booting, I also receive:

Cannot access /dev/fuse No such file or directory

I highly suspect these issues are due to patching perfctr.  If anyone
has any ideas on how to allow both perfctr and fuse to operate
side-by-side or need any further information please let me know.

Thanks,

~Mark Oden