Mark Oden wrote:
> I'm having an issue with loading a proprietary module on a machine in my
> research lab.  We have Nallatech FPGA boards which are peripherals that
> attach to the PCI bus.  In the perfect world, you just install their
> "fuse" rpms (not the same thing as Filesystem in Userspace) and their
> "h100" rpms and life is good.  However, using rpmbuild, I patched the
> kernel with perfctr, which broke the Nallatech drivers so I had to
> re-install the rpms (first using rpm -e, then rpm -ivh).  Unfortunately
> on reboot (or modprobe fuse) I receive the following error:
>
> Fatal: Error inserting fuse
> (/lib/modules/2.6.9-22.ELsmp/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko) : Invalid module
> format.
>
> if booting, I also receive:
>
> Cannot access /dev/fuse No such file or directory
>
> I highly suspect these issues are due to patching perfctr.  If anyone
> has any ideas on how to allow both perfctr and fuse to operate
> side-by-side or need any further information please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~Mark Oden

What kind of output do you get when you do a modprobe -v?

Also, you might want to do a modprobe --show-depends on the module to
see what kind of dependencies it had. Note that this may provide an
empty list, which is possibly alright.

Another thing you can do is a modinfo on the module to see what is known
about it.

--
Jon Akers